Monday, October 09, 2006

Phew!!

I am Back…

I just finished with yet another round of wedding shopping, this time in Chennai. This whole wedding thing is getting on to me now. I don’t think I can take any more of shopping. I am extremely exhausted. Although the trip was quite tiresome (target being to complete the shopping all in a day) but I still managed to have fun.

The worst part was I was so close to him and yet so far (I went with my in laws you see) and he was quite naughty winking now and then starring at me all the time (as I was under direct surveillance of my mother in law) and he wasn’t. I mean I couldn’t even look at him. :-) - Directly
…*Sigh*

Now let me recite you the story.

We left on Friday evening 6th Oct 2006 (father-in-law, mum-in-law, sis-in-law, Sunil & I), reached Chennai early Saturday morning around 5am. We then refreshed ourselves at Appa’s (father-in-law) office guest house. From there we left around 9 to go for a small check for Sunil’s sinus update (he underwent a sinus surgery last April – for which unfortunately I wasn’t there for him and that I will always feel guilty for ever). Thank god everything was normal. Had breakfast at Saravana Bhavan and then left for the much awaited agenda - shopping.

The first on the list; sarees – RMKV was the place… managed to pick up about 3 sarees (apart from others in amma’s list) there. It was nearly around 1pm when we finally left to buy Jewellery…

My jewellery is perfect…I just cannot say anything about it and I am so glad that I picked up my choice of everything on the list, of course through my sweetheart’s preference as well; which definitely makes it all worth while.

And to see all of that you will have to wait for 1st Dec 2006.

We managed to finish all the shopping by 4pm and then had late lunch. We then went to visit 3 of his cousins to invite them for the wedding and finally took the night train back home - where my wedding ghagra was waiting for me (i had it made from kolkata). Hmmm wasnt as bad as i expected it to be but...sigh... i still would prefer the red ghagra to this...

The outcome ; a wonderful opportunity to spend a great time with the family,“my family”… they never once made me feel out of place… and what do I say about my sweetheart? He was wonderful. He made a conscious effort to make sure I was having fun and enjoying the trip. And it really paid off…

Thank You God… for Him… for everything…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to know that you enjoyed the trip sweetheart...

Sapna said...

I Thank You...For everything...