Thursday, February 12, 2009

Excitement or Nuisance???

Yesterday while shopping for my sister’s upcoming wedding (scheduled for next week), so engrossed was I that I failed to see Gautami, a yesteryear Tamil actress… not that I care for any actor or actress... am absolutely dispassionate about any of them (except for Aamir Khan of course ;-) )..

Well, I bumped into her yesterday while entering Lifestyle store on Richmond road… she was leaving the store after shopping and her inconsiderate driver had parked the car right at the entrance... this really pissed me off and I was literally swearing under by breath for that... not sure if she heard that but then who cares… and while she was wondering what I was actually upto, there was a huge crowd which had gathered to catch a glimpse of her (including the dear husband enquiring if I recognized her DUH!!! Is there a need?)... I felt that was really stupid...

They seemed awestruck and were gaping at her like she was a goddess or something - that's when I realized how crazy we Indians really are... we give so much importance to certain people who we hardly know... may be I would have been like that when I meet someone like Abdul Kalam – now he's really worth all the attention and not these bollywood/tollywood or any “wood” actors...

They have never managed to get that kind of attention from me and guess, will never in future as well – after all, they are also humans like us, have the similar problems like us, eat, sleep and do everything like us, so why give us that snooty behavior??? Such pity!!!

Later I thought I should have asked her about how Kamal was doing ;)…. That should have caught her off-guard – naughty me ;-)

No comments: