Monday, August 17, 2009

Fimply Fexy!!!

Not mumbling mind you, this is just my reaction after watching the latest Bollywood flick – “Kaminey”.

I haven’t really enjoyed any Bollywood movie off late (thanks to all the mindless ones that get released week after week) than I have watching Kaminey – and watta movie I say!!! Ladies and gentlemen, Shahid Kapoor has finally arrived!!!

This movie definitely transforms him into an actor leaving behind all the chocolate-hero roles he portrayed in Jab We Met and Kismet Konnection… His character as Charlie is much more macho than you can ever imagine him to be… so mature, so uber cool and so much oomph!!!

After drooling over Shahid, here’s my take on Vishal Bharadwaj - unlike his previous movies this is not an adaptation from any of Shakespeare’s plays. Honestly, I never liked his earlier movies (Omkara, Maqbool etc), coz am not really into those intense slow-paced movies – I kinda find them borrrrring!!! I like more of the fast paced ones with a lot of comedy/drama/action – something like, say, Mummy/ Dil Chahta Hai types… I give a thumb’s up to movies which have a certain comedy element in it and which are very gripping!!!

Now I wouldn’t want to be a party-spoiler and give away the story but what I can say about the movie is that it is really a gripping, fast-paced and entertaining movie leaving you glued to the screen. If you take your eyes away even for a moment, you might end up missing a crucial moment and only chance you can understand it is by watching it again!!!

And as far as Vishal Bharadwaj goes – with Kaminey, he seems to be in his elements and has proven that he is a better movie-director than a music-director!!!

Must watch people – go catch it… Dhan Tanaaaa nanana!!!

2 comments:

Rika said...

Hmm looks like a must-watch n shahid definitely looks awesome..btw u've been tagged..chk my blog

Vijay G S said...

Welcome back.