Sunday, August 23, 2009

To Everyone's favourite God!!!

Vinayaka or Ganesh, we all so fondly call him!!! Like many Hindus, I too love him and adore him... Although a Jain by religion we still place Him first in all our functions, invite Him first and thus put Him before all of our Gods as well.

This year Sunil & I invited Him to our humble abode with lots of love and affection on his birthday “Ganesh Chaturthi”… I am not aware of the pujas that are performed as we do not celebrate it but for Sunil, this is a much more important festival almost as big as Diwali.

Today was a testing time for me in terms of cooking while Sunil took care of the puja stuff… I made modaks for the first time and definitely would like to skip the details… However, lunch on this special day included mooli sambhar, beans curry, semiya payasam and of course “curd rice”, the husband is so obsessed with!

And so I am leaving with you a snapshot of what happened at home today and wishing you a very Happy Ganesh Chaturti… while I retire now after a tiring morning and a very heavy lunch!!!

No comments: