Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Thirteenth Tale...

Last week I finished a book called the “Thirteenth Tale” which I had been reading for quite sometime… I never take long to finish a book but with this was an exception.

Though the beginning was slow and moved at a snail’s pace, it picked up speed subsequently and became so gripping that it was difficult for me to just put it down…. I had come across quite a few good reviews and when I started the novel, it didn’t seem interesting at all… But as it moved along, it became totally riveting which can be experienced only when read…

The story revolves around 2 characters - Miss Vida Winter (a writer) and Margret Lea (a biographer) and their struggle to leave their past behind which taunts them inflicting misery and pain.

A mystery from the beginning, this book is a truly must read for all book lovers. From the start till the end you are so clueless and baffled… and finally when it ends, it’s a surprise that leaves you astounded…

I wouldn’t want to be a spoiler here but suggest all of u to read the same… it’s worth it!!!

No comments: