Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oscars - Here we come eventually…

10 Oscar nominations for slumdog millionaire…. Awesome or what!!!!

It does deserve it and guess what I knew it would make it that far… I cant be happier than this but unfortunately it hasn’t even been mentioned in any of the Indian award ceremonies so far… we have just made it to all the debate in all the news channels for now again discussing the basis whether this can truly be called an Indian movie or not… what crap.

Sad story as usual, how conveniently we forget to appreciate good cinema and rather brag on stupid useless Shah Rukh khan movies… senseless.

I hardly have any regards towards any of the Indian awards and I am in total agreement with Aamir khan for his behavior towards them.

But then Oscars are a class apart, they don’t think twice to appreciate good cinema… sadly we have to go that far off to get our movie respected.

One thing that really couldn’t make it to the Oscars is our very own Taare Zameen Par… I wanted it to win – I still can’t stop my tears every time I watch the movie…

But nevertheless I am satisfied with the recent nominations and I hope we bag it all…

To AR Rahman… way to go dude, you rock! This man never ceases to amaze me with his music and he is taking India to different heights altogether.

Make way ladies and gentlemen… we Indians have finally arrived.

No comments: