Thursday, January 08, 2009

Resolutions for 2009

Every year I try to make a list of to do things and just like everyone and by practice I try to make up a list on the day one beginning of the New Year, and I usually do this mentally. Well that just stops at that after marking the requirements/ for the year I somehow misplace the paper rather the Mind loses it as we progress further into the year ;).

And just like every year this year too I have thought of a few things that I’d like to change. And this time around I am trying to be very determined to hold that thought and do not want to overlook the list (how funny, I say that every year)… that’s why I decided to blog it away so that I DON’T FORGET IT. I hope!

So here is my record of out with the old bring in the new and a little explanation as to why it makes it into the list of 2009.


1.To wake up early – early to bed early to rise makes Sapna healthy, wealthy and wise.

In the whole of my 28 years there have been just a handful of times when I’ve actually got up early, so handful that I can barely count. I have hardly seen the sun rise! And as I advance into the later wedlock years I have realized how important it is to have time on your side.

The inspiration actually comes for the dear husby who makes it a point to rise early each day. I am so jealous.

2. To save Money – a penny today makes a rupee tomorrow, a penny saved is a penny earned.
Sigh don’t we all want to do that! I think the world has become so materialistic that everything revolves around liquidity.

3. To read a lot of books - "Woe be to him that reads but one book." Herbert.
I love books any kind, make it a mystery novel or a comic or even a teen book… I love reading them all. This year I want to read a lot of it. I feel nothing else relaxes me other than a cup of fresh coffee and a nice book. I’ve decided that I’d want to read a minimum of 50 books.

4.To take up another craft hobby – My quest to learn something new never quenches. Last year it was crochet and this year I am trying to learn new different crafting techniques. There are two of craft ideas that come to my mind, pottery and wire jewelry. On pottery am yet to find the source but for the later I fished out a book from my sister’s craft library and now I seek resources to start.

5. To travel to a minimum of 10 destinations- Though I am not a travel freak but would still like to see new places. This change in me is attributed to the dear husband who craves for travel. I just thought I’ll add this entry to heep him happy.

6.To walk/exercise - Yes this is again an inspiration drawn from the husband, who am sure will be the most happiest if I try to take this up seriously. I want to wake up early and go for a nice little walk. I used to do that once I moved into my new place but then as I got used to the new cozy bed I abandoned the idea altogether. When it comes to excercise I hate to admit that I am extremely lazy. I'd run a mile when spoken on the subject.

7. Control on my expenses – Thanks to internet I managed to spend all my salary last year on a lot of things by shopping online. E-money can be dangerous you know, esp when you have access to it all through the day. you wouldnt believe how much I spent on online stores and by the time that realization struck me the damage was already done. Well better late than never.

8. To cook different recipes – This is coming from a very tired cook – I face this difficulty each day trying my best to crack my brains to eat something new and different. I am bored of the stuff I eat L… this one goes out especially to the husband. No matter how much I plead him he refuses to come up with ideas and then I am left with no other option to cook the same usual recipes time and over again. I feel like drawing up a time table every start of the week as I just know what to cook each day. Mind you the timetable never changes!

9. And finally to be more regular on the blogging front J now that’s a challenge.

So far the activities seem pretty small but mind you this list isn’t exhaustive. As I think of many more changes I’ll defiantly try and share it all.

Now I have tried my best to keep me happy as well as the husband cos here are a few things am sure he’d want to see them change in me… are you in agreement now dear?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! Do I need to say more sweetheart??? Anyways, all d best... Hopefully I shall hv something positive to say bout all ur resolutions in Jan 2010...