Thursday, June 04, 2009

Of chasing demons and killing angels

Well... not a philosophical post but a quick one on the movie Angels & Demons. A prequel to the very famous Da-Vinci-code, I found this movie to be much more entertaining than its sequel (or its movie prequel!!! well... whatever).

This movie is set in Rome unlike its prequel which was in Paris… The best thing about the book is the extent to which the author Dan Brown goes to describe the small/intricate details at such length but unfortunately movie just spoils it all. Am not saying the movie is bad or something... at least it is definitely a much better attempt than Da-Vinci-code, which, if seen without reading the book leaves you baffled & clueless and many scenes which really needed attention were just done so short and abrupt that it kind of made no sense…


But I guess that's the problem when a movie is made out of such books (which mix history & fiction). It’s really hard to put everything into a 2 hour movie. However, the director must be commended for his effort to bring to life this book!!!


Coming back to the movie – the story begins with Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) being called by the Vatican City to probe into a threat note from the church's perennial enemy – The Illuminati, declaring to blow up the entire city by midnight… The movie is thrilling and nail-biting and leaves you at the edge of your seats with the way all the murders are carried out and with such brutality…


Hold on... I think I should stop right here (I hope to have built the suspense already)– you should watch the movie for the rest!!!

4 comments:

Vijay G S said...

Yet to go for this movie as i am not able to find a companion !

Rika said...

I have'nt seen Da Vinci Code either. I tried watching it but it did'nt quite hold my enthu for even the first 10 mins. and I stopped watching it further. If this is in the same lines then forget it.

Sapna said...

Hmmm... Come off to b'lore, I can accompany you :)

Sapna said...

Rads, I think this onz better but if you've liked the book it's highly unlikely you'll like the movie. Just dont go without any expectation :)