Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hindustan Ka dil Dekha...

The latest ad of MP tourism is really captivating, very creative and one of a kind. It’s so simple and yet so informative. Each time I see the advertisement on TV I leave everything that I am engaged in and watch it fully.

For those of you who haven’t seen it, this is part of the ‘Incredible India’ campaign and portrays the different locations in Madhya Pradesh (located in central part of India); from mountains to palaces to lakes etc and the highlight of this advt is that every place is expressed so fascinatingly through the varied expressions using just two eyes. It features no fancy props, no storyline, nothing whatsoever – it’s just simply the set of eyes that express the whole story; in this case the ad. What a beautiful way to present a picture!!

Kudos to Ogilvy India for making this ad, it’s intelligent, unique and so mysterious in many ways. I was so fascinated by it that I decided to do some background research. Though there is no particular source of info on the subject, I did however get a lot of information with regards to the model and how the idea was developed. I cannot source the information but I can share whatever I have read so far.

Shekhar Jha, creative director of Oglivy India, is the singer, musician and lyricist of the ad. They were in need of a model who is a trained Indian classical dancer. Their hunt led them to Jayalaxmi Appadorai (also referred as Shree Jeilachmee Appadorai in some places), a South-Indian model based in Malaysia who is trained in Bharatnatyam and other Indian classical dances. She has also acted in some other ad films such as the new Minute Maid Pulpy Orange and is the runner up in Miss India Worldwide 2001. I also read that the expressions in the ad are 60 per cent real and 40 per cent computer graphics and was carried out in Malaysia.

Find below the YouTube link to the ad… Am sure you all will like it too... Enjoy!!!


No comments: