Friday, April 03, 2009

Chikungunya

Is back and with the summer at its peak, it is infecting each door it passes.

My parents are infected with the disease for the last two days and what I do hear from our doc is that there has been an outburst reported recently, therefore my parent’s case does not come as a surprise to him.

What I do like to know from him is that, how did it manage to make an entry into my place with my mother ever so painstakingly particular about cleanliness not only at home but the surroundings as well. Now that’s a mystery to all.

And we try to find that one infected mosquito, I’ll leave you’ll with certain practical facts of the disease.

1. How do you catch Chikungunya – through a mosquito
2. Symptom – Usually begins with some pain in any part of the body, slowly moving to the whole body in totality and after which you’ll probably catch a shiver and finally fever (up to 103 degrees)
3. Duration – for an average adult, fever will probably last not more than 2 days or so but might take a while for the body to recuperate.
4. Action – Take a crocin immediately and rush to your nearest doc asap.
5. Diet – avoid all items of urad daal.

Precautions – since it is better than cure, my suggestion is sanitize your respective homes by whatever means you prefer be it Hit or burning a coil or by using any other disinfectant. My preference is Kachua chap coil. Just to inform you guys, normal All-out or Good Night mats WILL not help you in warding these mosquitoes.

Disclamer - The above mentioned action plans are from my own experience. Please use the best means you know.

Best of health always and keep clean.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sappu, i didnt know you were such an extensive blogger!

If i had know of your 6 course weekend meal i would have invited myself for lunch !

Sapna said...

Most welcome to come home sweets! If only you’d have left your name as well it would have been marvelous!!! It seems more like some mystery lurking behind my comment box now.

Gautam said...

Which are in Blore has this been shown up in. Though I don't live in B'lore now, I have close relatives living there. I can send a word of caution.

Rika said...

awww dats bad. my mom had this horrible chikungunya the very first time it hit the nation n that too on my engagement day..it couldn't be a more horrible time. thanks for the gyan on the disease. nice post.

Sapna said...

Thanks Gautam, I hear it is now spreading to the whole town...started first in Nandini Layout, but I've heard cases of it in Indiranagar, Koramangala and even Mathikere. My guess is as good as yours when it comes to that.

Sapna said...

Hi Rads, thanks for your comment. Yeah tell me about it - it apparently is very painful and I can only imagine how hard it must have been for her at that point in time. Does she still have joint pains, I believe they are here to stay after the disease.

Hehe – I hope that gyan helps – cos many ppl have no clue what the disease is all about.

Rika said...

Yep Sapna, she still gets the joint pains sometimes now and then. Hey btw, I wanted to follow your blog but didn't know how to do it. Help plz...

Sapna said...

Hey - that's sweet. I think that option should be available to you as soon as you log into blogger. just go to your profile-Reading list-add blogs, etc. I hope that helps!

Rika said...

oh yea I figured that out today. Thanks :)