Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Heatbeat

Seriously! Summer is something that I wholeheartedly hate… I wish it was winter all through, contrary to Sundru’s opinion (if it were for him I would have already melted away, the boy likes no fan/ air-condition even on a very hot summer day). Phew, we have two more months of such misery before rains strike again very typical of a Bangalore climate, we aren’t sure when the rains come or go or when it is sunny or not, the weather here has a mind of its own - if you’ve been here you’ll agree with me.

Usually the problem with Bangalore is, it gets highly affected with climatic/weather changes surrounding the place. For example if it rains in Chennai it will rain here and so on and so forth. It gets annoying after a while...

So, what do I do to beat the summer heat?
1. Drink lots and lots of water – preferably cold (earthen pot) not ice water (well that too sometimes, since I don’t have a clay pot at home)
2. Nice fresh homemade juice – nimboopani
3. Fan always at the maximum
4. No makeup – I do that either ways!
5. Wear loose cloths so that it doesn’t stick to your body - I like Kota -Doria sarees...very nice & cold... :)
6. Keep windows open all the time (there's a nice big tree right next to our apartment which keeps our drawing room cool)
7. Preferably if time permits have bath twice (again cold)
8. Drink lots of Tender coconut water - nothing like it
9. Dont venture out in the sun too much - not good for your tan as well as your head (gives me a headache)
10. Carry coolers all the time
11. Wash your face atleast 5 times - it's good for your skin too...
and last but not the least dont forget your sunblock.

4 comments:

Vijay G S said...

Is Dhurboos or water melon not available in your place?

Sapna said...

Hmmm... not too fond of Watermelon :-(

Rika said...

hmm din't know bangalore can get so hot. maybe times are changing. i was there for 2 years and i loved the place. but it can't be more hotter than my hometown Vizag so i always felt that the climate there was good. but washing face 5 times a day?????ppl like me will have tough time doing that. love tender coconut water though. great post.

Sapna said...

I can so relate to you in totality, I was attracted to Bangalore only for that reason. You won’t believe the temp has risen to 38! It’s crazy! Vizag should be killing now – I do have relatives there and haven’t paid them a visit for about 16 years now.

5 times is very less – I feel like drowning in cold water…lol 