Saturday, April 18, 2009

Culinary skills at its best…

Thanks to Vijay who has helped in supplying me traditional Tamil recipe’s to satisfy my husband taste buds while I have submerged myself in Vidhu Mittal’s book Pure & simple for the north Indian dishes.

You can check Vijay’s blog here, but sadly he does not share any of the recipes on his blog – you will have to write to him for that! Lol… kidding – actually he was kind enough to ask me if I needed help to improve my cooking and I shamelessly said yes!!! :-0 sorry Vijay for the additional trouble I give you on and off!!!

A book review - I happen to come across this awesome book at a rendezvous with Sunil’s team-members one evening and was floored with it. So impressed was I, that I ordered this book from sapnaonline.com. Voila I received this in a day’s time and from then on I haven’t stopped myself from experimenting and trying out new stuffs. Am really amazed with her cooking techniques.

What I like about this book is that it not only gives you clear cut instructions but the recipes are simple and very easy to understand and isn’t lengthy at all. Apart from the recipes there are also additional information given w.r.t spices and all kinds of accompaniments. A very helpful book not only for beginners but also the housewife kinds...I give 5/5 on this and definitely a must have for any girl.

As far as Vijay goes – what can I say; he is the closest blog friend I have! Thanks so much.

2 comments:

Rika said...

I like Sanjeev Kapoor's book and apart from that I follow Vahrehvah.com. I can never understand how my Mom rems sooo many recipes without having to follow a book or notes.

Vijay G S said...

Hey Sapna, thanks for your compliment.