Monday, April 13, 2009

My day out

The long weekend was perfect way to spend two lazy days at home at the cost of one outside – well… that was the threat I gave my poor husband. Well whatd'ya expect, a girl needs a break after all! I just needed to cut loose from my crazy life!!!

So off we went on our drive!!! Roped in Shaatz & Dia and drove down to the old town of Mysore. It's about 130kms from Bangalore and takes you approx. 3 hrs to reach . We started around 9ish on the 11th (Sat), enroute stopped at Kadumane (at the outskirts of Blore) for a quick breakfast. Now, though I would have preferred Kamat Lokaruchi anytime we were too late and being a weekend, it would have definitely cost us a lot of time. That place is crowded even on a normal weekday… And weekend was totally out of question. The feedback on Kadumane – you might as well give it a pass…

The journey was nice with green pastures around when you move further from Bangalore. We finally reached Mysore around 12ish. Dia wanted to go to the Mysore Palace and we thought it would be a good idea for us to revisit the place and get a little nostalgic!!! Am sure all of us would have visited the palace during our school days…. After an hour & a half long trip around the palace (with the heat accompanying us) including a little bit of shopping (wee bit :-0), our tour of the old place got over at 2pm – just in time for lunch! We did work out quite an appetite!!!

For lunch we headed to another palace – Lalith Mahal (on the way to Chamundi Hills). Well, I was more than impressed with the palace than the food!!! But, we were so hungry that we would have even managed with grass if we could lay our hands on it. I had been there nearly 20 years ago and wanted to see if anything had changed (not that I remember it all that well)... I vaguely recall the place being so blue-blue and let me tell you that it hasn’t changed one bit!!!!

After a “bharjari oota” (sumptuous meal), we headed back to Bangalore around 3.30pm. Thankfully the weather gods were kind to us and the drive was a pleasant one with slight drizzle as well… The mood was perfect for some hot Chai (Coffee for me though) and some Maddur Vadas at Maddur Tiffany’s. With Sharath’s awesome driving skills on display, we finally reached home by 7pm, thus putting an end to my wonderful day out.
What the heck! It was fun to the core!!!

PS:- Unfortunately I have no pictures to show off!!!

1 comment:

Rika said...

I've been to Mysore once when I was new to Bangalore. Great historical place. A must-visit for everybody in Karnataka. So u had a jolly weekend. Nice to know. It made me nostalgic for a few minutes thinking bout the times when I was in b'lore.