Saturday, March 21, 2009

Change

Are we ready for it? I am not sure whether I am. Not when we cut down our precious trees to make way for the ingenious automotives all over the place. Where have the long speeches of global warming/ campaigns of a green world gone?

I am not sure whether I like living in Bangalore any more - the once so ever green Bangalore is suddenly transpiring into a concrete jungle day after day. Every road I take is undertaking some structural changes, am not denying that this could possibly result in a better infrastructural undertaking but why torture the greenery around?

One thing that I have noticed is that due to the average tree cuts there has been a direct impact on the climatic condition. While a few years back we would refrain from using fans even on a normal summer day/night we are now resolving to install air conditioning in our respective homes and thus resulting in larger energy consumption and obstruct the green world. It is a full cycle if you ask me.

Even before we would feel the pinch of the sun, we would be stormed by rains but alas...now we just wait for the rains and yet no sign of it. thankfully owing to the occasional depression in Bay of Bengal helps us now and then - at least sending us strong pleasant winds these days, making me just sit by my window sill or my balcony - but then again i hear from the met dept to be short lives and we can expect soaring temps in coming days. *sigh*

I am surprised that no one condemned these or acted against it, but then I don’t know why I am even waiting for them to do it. I think as good citizens we should all take a pledge to plant 10 trees for every single tree cut. Only that can save us now.

Here are some snapshots that I took shocking and disapprovingly the heartbreaking infrastructural changes on Sheshadri road, an on-route to my work place, while some are from the web and some others I happen to take from my Phone. They sure look disturbing now.

No comments: