Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Khana

Or should I say saappadu… with work and everything I simply don’t get enough time to cook an elaborate meal on weekdays… therefore when a weekend comes along, it’s time to put my culinary skills to test!!!


And last weekend was no different... Since it was long weekend (Friday was also off since it was a local festival celebrated here in Bangalore), I started my arrangements to cook my best stuff a little ahead itself. Usually during weekends I prefer to start with some South Indian stuff – for obvious reasons (Iyer connection) and I did the same last weekend as well...


The Menu included– Arachutta vengaya sambhar, Beans poriyal, kosumbari, Parrupu saadam, rice, curds and some vadaams to munch... I took about 3 hours to do this all… I know this is an elaborate one but when you have a hardcore tambram in your family, you’ve got to sweat it out. :-)


Hope the Iyer boy liked it as much as I enjoyed cooking for him – after all “the way to a man’s heart is though his stomach” which I am totally getting the hang of it by now…


Some pics following the cooking…

2 comments:

Vijay G S said...

Lovely. When is the turn for melagu kozhambu, paruppu thogayal?

Sapna said...

Hahaha... Wow! I think I'll have to do a google on that now. Thanks to you now there is an added pressure from my Husband too ;) He says it is def a deadly combo! Are you an Iyer too?