Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Holi Hai!

The ever so colorful festival this year has come but does not knock our door.

We have decided to refrain from colors this year in view of the two recent painful deaths in the family. This is our way of paying tribute to my late uncle and grandfather.

Usually Holi for me is a very dull festival, as I have long forgotten to play with colors – last being the year 2004… I guess one thing is age and the other the pain to clear the color off your face. Also I have become conscious of the chemicals that go into puccka (real) colors… now that coming from a Marwari is surprising as we are considered very jubilant when it comes to such festivities.

And while I am sitting here in office (since I don’t have a holiday today and Sundru has one) scripting this entry he is spending his day at home watching movies and lazing around (sigh! Don’t we all want to do that?) . Being an Iyer he is celebrating the festival in true sense than I…

I still remember my first official holi after wedding in 2007, Sundru & I did play little holi in our bathroom just for shagun:-0 (Yes we did). He quotes me in saying that he too doesn’t like it for the same obvious reasons but secretly I think he wants to just that I don’t give him that much required company, needless to say along with chilling thandai with a little bhaang in it ;)

As far as this year goes, I did go to my sister’s place (playing my part of the daughter of my family and filling in for my mom who is away on a holy business). For shagun I did put a little gulaal (pink color) to all her family members carrying along some savories for the occasion.

So here’s wishing everyone a very happy and a colorful holi…

1 comment:

rainboy said...

happy holi to you too !

nice blog mam

tc