Sunday, March 01, 2009

Mamta's Wedding

With all the bad news following us around from the beginning of this year, we were literally thinking of postponing my sister's wedding to later in the year – but like the saying goes, God’s will cannot be altered. And so it was that we decided to carry on the wedding.

Though a very low key affair, the wedding took place on 20th February 2009 and with great effort we managed to put on a big smile and made the event successful, after all my sister’s wedding doesn’t happen every other day, does it?

Thanks to my elder sis Mukti, who ran around so much that I have no words to thank her or praise her enough. She is definitely one of a kind and next to my mother to me… though just a couple of years older to me, she definitely acts like my mother at times :-)… and on top of everything she gave my family the best beautiful gift we ever asked – my sweet nephews Anuj and Darsh.

Well as far as my sister Mamta goes, we call her chotu at home – all I can say is she is no longer a chotu anymore…it was a bit weird to see her going away to a different house. I guess that felling is always there when every daughter gets wedded.

I hope the best for her in her new and the next phase in life.

No comments: