Friday, May 22, 2009

IPL Fever!!!

It sure has got me gripping and the whole nation as well I suppose… well it definitely has turned out to be one of the most exciting tournaments, though I am a bit sad that the team I am supporting, RR, didn’t make it to the semis but what the heck, they won last year and its only fair that some other team deserves to win this time around... Also because I personally think that RR wasn’t up to the challenge this year and their lack of practice showed up clearly…

Leaving that aside, I am really happy that RCB made it through… being the underdogs for sure, from last year’s second-last place to this year’s no.3 as of now, they sure have come quite far... I won’t be surprised if they finally hold aloft the cup on sunday seeing how things are turning over its head so far...

Though always brought up on a staple diet of cricket, I have not really been a crazy follower like my dad or Sundru but being an emotional fool, I would always follow the game esp. if it concerned India… after all it is nothing short of a religion here… I still remember there were times when Papa had actually recorded old matches in our VCR and played it over and over again until I suffered from “cricket indigestion” (if you could call that!!!) and now I am with another lunatic who eats, sleeps and drinks cricket :-)

Coming back to the league - today begins the semi-finals and I am happy to be at home to watch it… It is going to be a tough competition as there are some amazing guys playing in all the teams; my personal favourite now is definitely CSK and I sure would want them to take the trophy this year if not RCB atleast… DD, I feel is somewhat arrogant and though they are playing wonderful cricket, I am not really loyal to them… and last but not the least, DC…. what can I say… they were at the bottom of the table last year and this year they are in the semis because they have done all the hard work and definitely deserve it…

Clearly IPL is turning out to be a wonderful platform for our young talents to show their abilities and say – look out, here we come… way to go guys!!!

So there you go… confused as I may sound but one thing is clear… IPL has caught the imagination of one & all and has everyone asking for more… It is definitely one of most glamorous events in the sports calendar and I guess that’s because it has everything –style, arrogance, controversy, entertainment, thrill etc… and of course, some good cricket!!!

1 comment:

Rika said...

True IPL has struck everybody...at home my hubby keeps bugging youtube for the matches he missed...I can't help but sit n watch with him...but stunningly I find it entertaining...