Saturday, May 02, 2009

Of sweet somethings and busy nothings

So this long holiday has been a refreshing one for sure, but I don’t think I can take much of it… as I am most of the time all alone at home and the only thing I seem to get addicted to is the TV which btw is not a good habit. Therefore I don’t think I’ll make a good housewife at all.

I actually took this long absence from work just to see if I’ll make it through – I was just testing on how I’d take it just being a housewife in future and I think I am not yet ready for it. I’d want myself to be occupied with something and feel am not cut out to be only at home. It’s definitely very nice to be at home on a “holiday” and during weekends but nothing more than that, at least not yet :-)

The long weekend is here which means that I won’t be alone and when the husband is at home, it is a double joy (sometimes, not always) considering the past 10 lonely days I spent at home… When he’s around at least I have company to eat and chat with… So after the refreshing holiday, I was just dying to do something apart from lying on the couch and watch TV… And what’s the best and easier way to do it? To cook of course… so there you go, put my best cooking cap and voila, daal ka sheera, corn kebabs, corn soup (very corny affair I must say!!!) kabuli (Jaipuri biriyani), chocolate milkshake… the poor husband… I was kinda feeding him all this at one go!!!! Not sure how he took it but from the looks of it I think it just went down ok ;-)

Looking forward for Monday – I have to make a most important decision; I can’t be sure how that’s going to go down! It’s not the right time to share about that now… will blog about that later – for now let that be a secret!!!

So long people – have a great weekend (whatever is left of it!!!)

1 comment:

Rika said...

Hmm it is difficult to survive alone at home when ur not used to it. I had difficult time for the past 5 months n am slowly getting adjusted to being a housewife all owing to the recession in US.